The 2016 IAEA Annual Conference is to be hosted by UMALUSI, the Council for Quality Assurance in General and Further Education in South Africa. The conference dates are August 21-26, 2016 and the location is Capetown, South Africa.
Conference theme: Assessing the Achievement of Curriculum Standards – An Ongoing Dialogue .
- Quality vs Quantity: the assessment debate
- Alignment between curriculum, instruction and assessment
- How can assessment ensure effective teaching and learning?
- The art of reporting on learner performance
- Standardized testing: the controversy
For more information, visit the conference website at http://iaea2016.org/
Che Yee Lye, a graduate student at the School of Education, University of Adelaide, has been awarded the 2015 IAEA Frances M. Ottobre Scholarship. The scholarship supports attendance at the 2015 IAEA conference to be held in Lawrence, Kansas, from October 11-15, 2015, at the Kansas Union. Congratulations, Che Yee!
The nominations for the positions that will be vacant from 1 January 2015 on the IAEA Board of Trustees were:
- Anat Ban Simon from NITE as a Full Member Organisation representative
- John Pitman as A Full Individual Member representative, the newly established position as per the changes to the Constitution, approved at the AGM in Tel Aviv in 2013.
The Nominating Committee has checked the status of the nominees and both are members of IAEA in good standing. There were no other nominations and hence there is no need for an election. Hence they are appointed as members of the Board of Trustees and assume office on 1 January 2015. The Board of Trustees thanks them for their willingness to serve IAEA in this capacity and congratulates them on their appointment.
The 2015 IAEA Annual Conference is to be hosted by the Center for Educational Testing and Evaluation at the University of Kansas. The conference dates are October 11-15, 2015 and the location is Lawrence, Kansas. Keynote speakers are Lorrie Shepard of the University of Colorado at Boulder and Hans Rosling of the Karolinska Institute in Sweden. For more information, see the conference website
The IAEA does not accept responsibility for any costs resulting from a conference participant who having registered,
for whatever reason, does not attend an IAEA conference or any other event held under the auspices of IAEA.